Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Carrying case (box) for a Homunculus WIP

It has been a crazy busy week. I had wanted to  do this post last week but did not get to it.   I am hoping to post 2-3 up-dates a week and work my way up to more frequently.    So I have been working on making a Homunculus.   I have the sculpt of the homunculus made but I decided it needed a Box/carrying case.  So I went out to my local craft store to see what I could find that I could mod.  I found this little box that was the right size.

But I wanted it to stand up on one end, so I removed the handle off the top and moved it to the side. I also wanted to cover the place where the handle used to be so I started sculpting a plate/design on the (now) front.  Here is the first go at it.
I like it but I do not like how the white teeth look coming straight out of the box it needed a transition so I added some more black epoxy and I like it much better. Here is a close up of it now. 
Now all is left is to let the epoxy cure and paint,distress,and antique it. This last part is an art form in of it's self and like everything else is all about layers of color and texture.  I will be posting that part soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment